Saturday 20 July 2013

Day -2

After my PICC line antics of the  the previous night, my sleep was really disturbed.



I woke up with a fluttering feeling near to my heart. It wasn't painful but it was uncomfortable enough for me to mention it to Dr Burt. Dr Burt was about to call the PICC line nurse, but decided he would deal with it himself. So with the assistance of my nurse, the dressing was removed, the PICC line pulled ever so slightly before a new dressing was applied to secure the ports at the end of the PICC line. This seemed to cure the fluttering sensation, but Dr Burt wanted me to be hooked up to a heart monitor for the next 24 hours as a precautionary measure.

Becky was my nurse for the day.



So now with the heart monitor leads, three IV lines and my CPAP tubing, things were getting a little cramped in bed.





The medication regime was the same as Day -3.

But I was beginning to feel really yuck, and this feeling stayed with me for the rest of the day and night ...







  • Seen by 43
  • SB Oh no.. Hope you feel better soon xx
    21 July at 21:54
  • BTR Yes for now .. nausea going .. I'll keep you updated
    21 July at 21:55
  • EBG You are doing so well , keep strong .. Xxxx
    22 July at 04:41

No comments:

Post a Comment