Saturday 22 June 2013

Mobilization chemo [The Day After]

After having been up most of the night visiting the bathroom, I was feeling pretty shattered. Although I was not nauseous, I did not feel like a big breakfast so ended up having buttered toast, a blueberry muffin and a cup of coffee.

My dear wife had a terrible night worrying about me in the hospital, and arrived there at 7:30am.

Glynn was back on duty at 8am, and took my vital signs again, which were normal. She returned to the room around mid-morning to instruct us how to inject the Neupogen, and was mildly embarrassed when she remembered that Vineetha was a dentist and regularly injects people. 

For the rest of the morning, I was drifting in and out of sleep and by 12pm I was discharged and we returned to the apartment.

I had a light lunch and then slept all the way through to 8pm

The first step in my journey was complete, and without complication!!


  • Seen by 47
  • PN Cool!
    23 June at 18:17
  • DB Well done on taking your first step on a big journey. Stay positive always - the mind is the strongest thing we have .
    24 June at 00:30
  • WM Baby steps the way to go xx
    24 June at 21:05

No comments:

Post a Comment